Yarche Tomsk Marathon is held to:
- promote healthy lifestyle and create awareness of running as popular and affordable sport among general public;
- engage children, teenagers and young people into regular exercise;
- develop international liaison, communications between students and sports communities;
- develop sport tourism.
The Marathon will take place in Tomsk on Sunday, June 9, 2019 on the following five distances: competitive 42.195 km marathon, 42.195 km relay (7 km + 14 km + 12 km + 9 km), 21.1 km half-marathon, 21.1 km relay (5 km + 7 km + 9 km) and 5 km fun run all starting 9:00 hrs am. One-kilometer kid race will start the same day at 12:30.
The Marathon will start and finish at city center (Novosobornaya Square). Full Marathon course consists of two complete loops that follow around historical center of the city.
Competitive distance of 42.195 km is certified by Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS). Competitive distance of 21.1 km has been officially measured.
The Marathon is organized and supported by:
- The Board of Physical Culture and Sports at City Administration and the Department of Youth, Physical Culture and Sports in Tomsk Region — responsible for general management and organization.
- GO-RUN.CLUB Race movement (T.S. Frolova, Private Entrepreneur) — responsible for running the event.
General Partner of the Marathon: Yarche retail network.
Marathon director: Aleksandr Gordiyevskikh (Tomsk)
Chairman of the Marathon: Andrey Mikhaylovskiy (Tomsk)
Course Director: Petr Slobodyanyuk
The athletes from Russia and abroad can participate in the marathon upon registration and payment of the registration fee. An athlete can only register for one of the races.
Tomsk Marathon races include:
- Official competitive road race with two standard distances of 42.195 km (marathon and relay) and 21.1 km (half-marathon and relay)
- 5 km fun race
- 1 km fun race (kids)
- Tomsk Marathon Cup — 5 km competitive race and 21.1 km relay (5 km + 7 km + 9 km) for Tomsk Universities
The following athletes are admitted to participate in the official competitions
- 42.195 marathon — persons aged 18 and older
- 42.195 km relay — persons aged 18 and older
- 21.1 km half-marathon — persons aged 16 and older
- 21.1 km relay — persons aged 16 and older
- 5 km race — persons aged 12 and older
- 1 km race — kids younger than 12
The age of participants shall be determined as on the date of the Marathon — June 9, 2019.
Competitive race participants (42.195 km and 21.1 km) must provide an original copy of a standard medical certificate of non-contraindication to the practice of competitive running, with a course distance indicated. The medical certificate is exchanged for a bib number and cannot be returned after the race. A copy of the certificate can be accepted only if the original is demonstrated to Marathon Committee.
An athlete can take the 5 km fun race without a medical certificate.
The time limit for the 42.195 km distance is 6 hours, for 21.1 km – 3 hours. The participants not meeting the established timeframes shall stop upon the request of the event's officials and take off their bib numbers. The intermediate limit for the 42.195 km course is the 21.1 km mark – 2:45:00.
A sample medical certificate is provided on the official website of the Marathon: tomskmarathon.ru
The official competition shall be held as per the Competition Rules for 2016–2017 of the International Association of Athletics Federations (further referred to as “the IAAF Rules”).
The race times of the participants of the official competitions at the 42.195 km, 21.1 km and 5 km routes shall be recorded by the BibTag automatic electronic time-tracking system. During the registration process, each participant will receive an individual disposable electronic sensor for recording and transferring the information (a chip) along with a race number. It is mandatory to have your race number with the chip fixed on the outer layer of your sports clothing.
The time limit for the 42.195 km route is 6 hours, for 21.1 km route — 3 hours.
For the 5 km fun race, the time of the participants spend for passing the route and determined by the BibTag automatic electronic time-tracking system shall not constitute an official result and shall be for reference only.
Tomsk Marathon Cup will be awarded to a University team showing the best time in 21.1 km relay (5 km +7 km + 9 km).
The official competitive distance of 42.195 km:
- First eight men and eight women (absolute championship)
- First three men and three women in the age group of 36–45
- First three men and three women in the age group of 46–55
- First three men and three women in the age group of 56–60
- First three men and three women in the age group of 61–65
- First three men and three women in the age group of 66 and older.
Please note: to promote amateur sports and to encourage amateur sportsmen the absolute winners will not be offered the awards as per their age categories.
- Men and women setting new Tomsk Marathon records for the distance of 42.195 km
- One man and one woman arriving earlier than 2:15:00 and 2:35:00 respectively
- The best athletes of Tomsk oblast among men and women
The official competitive distance of 21.1 km:
- First three men and three women (absolute championship)
- First six sportsmen winning the competition on points
- Sportsmen setting new record in the half-marathon
- First three men and first three women arriving earlier than 1:03:00 and 1:13:00 respectively
- The best athletes of Tomsk oblast among men and women.
Additional prizes and valuable gifts may be introduced at organizers’ discretion.
The award ceremony will be held on June 9, 2019 on the stage of Novosobornaya Square of Tomsk after completion of the race and according to the age groups.
The race participant missing the award ceremony at Novosobornaya Square with no preliminary notice to the organizers shall NOT BE AWARDED.
All athletes will be presented with Marathon certificates and souvenirs.
A University team winning Tomsk Marathon Cup will be awarded with the Cup, other University teams taking places 1 to 3 will be awarded with Merit Certificates.
The expenses related to the organization and holding of the Marathon shall be covered from non-budgetary financing sources (registration fees, sponsor support by the partners).
The Board contribution is as provided under the Program for Physical Culture & Sports Development and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion for the years of 2015–2020 approved by Tomsk City Administration September 30, 2014 (№ 986).
The Department covers the costs of medical support of the event. The expenses related to participation of non-resident sportsmen and their representatives shall be covered by sending organizations or participants themselves except for professional sportsmen personally invited by the Marathon organizers.
Terms of registration:
|October 16, 2018 – May 26, 2019||On-line registration on
1. The applications completed online and submitted through the website will be accepted and processed after payment of the registration fee.
2. Participants registration will be open until 24:00 of May 26, 2019
|Nationals of the Union State of Russia and Belarus||Other countries' nationals|
|42.195 km (marathon)||500 - 2500 RUB||30 - 80 USD|
|42.195 km (relay)||3000 - 10000 RUB||100 - 250 USD|
|21.1 km (half-marathon)||500 - 2500 RUB||30 - 80 USD|
|21.1 km (relay)||2000 - 6900 RUB||100 - 250 USD|
|5 km race||500 - 1500 RUB||25 USD|
|1 km race (kids)||350 RUB||10 USD|
- Participants of Tomsk Marathon-2018 and taking 21.1 and 42.195 km races can register a slot for 500 rubles only from October 18 till October 28, 2018; the Organizer may choose to further prolong the terms of privilege registration.
- Some participants can use a PROMO CODE offered by Marathon Administration individually.
The registration fee is non-refundable and it cannot not be deferred or used for other competition should a registered participant choose to not to come or should the Marathon be cancelled on reasons beyond the organizers’ control. However, if you cannot come, your registration fee can be used by another athlete (please e-mail requests to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Athletes registered and admitted to the Marathon will be offered a runner kit including the following:
|Runner Kit Content||Distances (km)|
(full marathon, relay)
|Official race number corresponding to the selected sports program||+||+||+|
|Race number duplicate for placing personal belongings to the storage room||+||+||+|
|Individual chip of the BibTag automatic electronic time-tracking system||+||+||+|
|Official T-shirt with the Marathon symbols||-||+||+|
|Food in the Finish Line||-||+||+|
|Drinks in the Finish Line||+||+||+|
|SMS informing (if the cell number has been indicated)||+||+||+|
|Access to the database with the individual results||+||+||+|
|Access to printing the commemorative diploma with individual result||+||+||+|
|Access to personal photos on the route and at the finish||+||+||+|
|Duffel bag with the Marathon symbols||-||+||+|
|Commemorative medal with the option of engraving the individual result||-||+||+|
|Refreshment stations along the course according to the IAAF rules||-||+||+|
The athletes can pick up their kits on June 7 and 8 according to the Marathon program. Runner kits ARE NOT ISSUED on the day of the race.
To obtain their runner kits the athletes shall provide:
- Personal ID
- An original of a standard medical certificate of non-contraindication to the practice of competitive running (for 42.195 km and 21.1 km races and relay).
The Marathon participants insurance for the period of their presence on the course shall be provided by the insurance company determined by the organizers.
The medical insurance of the Marathon is provided by Regional State Autonomous Healthcare Institution VFD.
Cooperation in maintenance of public order and provision of public safety shall be provided by the Administration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia for Tomsk region or private security companies as determined by the organizers.